twitter facebook instagram bloglovin google plus pinterest youtube

Monday

Painted Rocks--Rock!


Rocks!

It's so fun and easy to whip up a batch of painted rocks!
Use them for table place markers, decor, paperweights, gifts, etc.


Step 1:  Gather rocks and give them a bath.
Rocks that have a wide smooth area are best.


Step 2:  Once rocks are dry, start painting.
We used leftover paints from this project- click here.


Step 3:  Give each rock 2-3 coats of paint.
We only painted the tops, but you could paint the bottoms as well.


Step 4:  Using a Painters pen, decorate the rocks!
Write names or messages and draw designs.
My 5 year old niece wanted to help...didn't she do a great job?!



I might go back and put a coat of sealer over the rocks we made, but haven't got to it yet.

Here's some more rock inspiration I gathered for you!




How adorable are these?!


Remember when we made these for the teachers last spring?  Click here.


And how about some monster rocks via Pinterest.


Or even some ghosts?  Click here for source.

I feel a Halloween craft coming on...



Linking up to:  Home SavvyAtoZ, TodaysCreativeBlog, GingerSnapCrafts, SweetLittleGals, HouseofHepworths,

4 comments :

  1. I love this craft because it's great for any age - my 2 year old could paint rocks, while my 6 and 9 year olds decorate them

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stinking ca-UTE! Love all the possibilities!

    I featured this on my "things I like Thursday" post today. Come & check it out:

    http://craftingandcreativity.blogspot.com/2011/09/things-i-like-thursday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE your rocks idea... what a beautiful way to remember a fun trip! xo malia

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun family project! Cute rock idea! Thank you so much for sharing your post at Savvy HomeMade Monday. I hope you will come back and party again.

    ReplyDelete