twitter facebook instagram bloglovin google plus pinterest youtube

Saturday

Cake Pops in a Pan

Look what I made---cake pops!
This new 'As Seen on TV' bake pop pan arrived last week.
Of course I had to try it out!
(Yes, I'll admit...I get a bit sucked in with those 'As Seen on TV' products.
Don't you always wonder if they really work?!)
The instruction guide said to add an extra egg,
substitute milk for water (use half as much) and
add a box of pudding to the cake mix.
(Apparently doing these things makes the cake denser--it did.)

After mixing everything up,  spray both pans with baking spray,
then pour the batter into the little compartments in the bottom pan.

Add the top pan and secure with the yellow clips.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

Uh-Oh!
It looks like I filled my containers a bit too full!
My kids thought this was soooo funny!
I 'quickly' used a knife and scraped off the extras...
while I listened to hysterical laughter and inappropriate comments.
(I'm sure you can imagine what they were saying!)

Comments stopped once they stuffed these 'extras' in their mouths!

Lift the top pan off---TaDah!
Because my compartments were so full, I ended up with a bit of an egg shaped cake pop.
(I need to remember this trick for Easter!)
I also ended up with this big ring around the middle of each cake pop.
(I scraped it off, but I wonder if less batter will make less of a ring?  Hmmm...)
Melt chocolate candy coating in the microwave.
Dip one end of the cake pop stick into the candy coating,
 then insert it into the cake pop.

Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes to harden.
Dip cake pop into the candy coating.
Then cover with lots of sprinkles!
(I might have over-did it a bit on the sprinkles?!)

I placed mine into mugs to dry.


Once hardened, place in little cupcake liners
and wrap up individually with a cellophane bag and ribbon.

Enjoy!
(Happy Birthday to my baby brother today.)




Linking up to: UnderTheTableandDreaming, EmbellishingLife, CraftOManiac, TheGunnySack, SkipToMyLou, TodaysCreativeBlog,

2 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh - I seriously need to get me a pan (or two) like that. I can think of so many ideas! You should come and enter my Vanilla Bean Paste giveaway http://eatcakefordinner.blogspot.com/2011/11/vanilla-bean-paste-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, neat! I totally want one of those pans. I haven't tried making cake pops yet, but yours are so fun looking! I want to eat one right now...can you hear my tummy growling? I would love for you to share this here?

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/shine-on-fridays-3-and-some-fabulous.html

    ReplyDelete