twitter facebook instagram bloglovin google plus pinterest youtube

Saturday

Valentine for the Teacher

Valentine Link Party-- Click Here!

All teachers need love! All teachers need food!  All teachers need to be appreciated!
(What makes me so smart?  Well...I did teach school for 16 years.)

Here's our teacher gift for Valentine's Day.

A chocolate chip muffin in a little bread pan...
Complete with a handmade tag.


I found these tiny loaf dishes on Christmas clearance at Michaels.
(I think they ended up being .30 each!)
We tried out a few recipes,
but settled on this one for taste and being easy enough for the kids to follow.
Click here for recipe link.


I had my kids help measure, mix and bake up these mini muffin loaves.
  It's important to me to have my children do most of the work, when making gifts for their teachers. 
I want to instill in them a sense of serving and giving to others. 

Even though they 'might' complain at first...
(are you reading between the lines, here?)
they both have experienced the 'joy' they feel by giving to others.

And it just so happens, that this ties into their memory scripture for last week:
"It is more blessed to give than to receive." Acts 20:35


 A sugary, buttery topping makes these mini muffin loaves, delicious!


Next, came the tag making. 
Again, I like to have my kids make the tags. 
Not only do the kid-made tags look adorable (in my opinion),
but it shows the teacher that the child thought about them (not just the mom)!


We packaged these loaves up in cellophane bags and tied on the tag with festive ribbon.
Then I sent them off to school!  (Yes, I believe in early gift-giving!)


 Good work, kids!


Are you needing some more ideas to spread the love for Valentine's Day?  Click here for 300+ Valentine ideas! 






For even more valentine ideas head to my Valentine Vault.
Check out my A to Z Valentine Printables, too.



Linking up to: IHeartNaptime, CraftOManiac, TheGunnySack, UndertheTableDreaming, Uncommon,
HouseOfHepworths, FrugalGirls, Whipperberry, Tatertots&Jello,

6 comments :

  1. Love your idea! So sweet and thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. Hanna has been complaining about the bus driver not being so friendly so we'll have to include him. I know I have a school bus stamp so will have fun with that. I did stop by JoAnn's yesterday and bought some cute decorations for the house, they were 50% off so not too spendy, your blog inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok wow this is adorable!! SUPER cute. :)
    I am your newest follower!
    Come visit Marriage from Scratch.

    ~Christina
    Www.marriagefromscratch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are perfect! What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! How cute is that?! I'm sure the teachers will love their gifts...when I was teaching, I got Christmas gifts, but never anything for Valentine's Day! I'd be thrilled if you'd share this at my party!

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2012/02/shine-on-fridays-14-and-some-fabulous.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle I love your blog!! Definitely adding this to my blogroll. :) Beautiful! I wish my kids were little again. :(

    ReplyDelete