twitter facebook instagram bloglovin google plus pinterest youtube

Monday

Chocolate Chow Mix with Printable Valentine Tags

If you've read my blog before, you know that dark chocolate is my absolute favorite!  Actually, any chocolate seems to call my name, but especially dark.  My addiction is a bit of a problem, so I have to have a good reason to make chocolatey treats.

Reason #1:  I was sent this amazing dark chocolate in the mail from Chocoley.
Reason #2:  My New Year's Goal of limiting sweets lasted maybe 3 days?  I can't start up again until I make 'something' with this incredible chocolate! ( I guess I could just eat it straight from the package...hold on...yep, that's good, too.)
Reason #3:  It's the perfect treat to give away for Valentine's Day. (Yes, I know it's January, but one can celebrate Valentine's Day early, right?)





Actually, this Chocolate Chow Mix can be made for any occasion--President's Day, Groundhog Day, Tuesday, Friday...  Just be sure to package immediately-- otherwise, you'll end up eating the entire thing by yourself. (Not that I've experienced that...)



Chocolate Chow Mix
Recipe adapted from here.

Ingredients:
-1 lb. Dark chocolate    I used :Bada Bing Bada Boom Dipping & Coating Gourmet Compound Chocolate




  •  -4 cups Chex cereal
  •  -2 cups mini marshmallows
  •  -2 cups crushed powdered donuts


  • Directions:
    In a large bowl, combine cereal, marshmallows and donuts. Mix gently.



    Melt chocolate.
    I used a double boiler, but you could use the microwave.
    If using the stove top, do not let the water touch the bottom of the double boiler. Only let the water simmer.  Stir chocolate until melted and smooth.



        If you must use microwave, melt on medium heat for short periods being very careful not to overheat the chocolate.




  • -Remove from heat, then stir melted chocolate into the cereal, marshmallow and donut mixture. 






  • -Spread mixture on a wax paper lined baking sheet.
  • Let the chocolate harden on the counter for 30-60 minutes. (if you can wait that long.)












  • Once cooled, break into small pieces.
  • Seal in an airtight container in refrigerator until ready to serve or bag up to give away.




  • I made some little printable tags to attach to these treats.  Perfect for Valentine's Day.








    I used red striped cellophane bags and red baker's twine. (found at Target.)






    Click here for your printable tags.




    Happy Valentine's Day!







    Did you see our Pun Filled Donut Party?

          


    *I was sent product from Chocoley to write this post. All reviews and opinions are my own.

    Linking up to: TatertotsandJelloLinkPartyPalooza, SundayFunday,

    No comments :

    Post a Comment